30 Days of Jaxx, Day 14: Security in Jaxx
15th September, 2017 – Decentral – Toronto
On Day 4 of our #30DaysOfJaxx post we introduced you to Dr. Shu Wang, our new Chief Security Officer. Shu has taken the reigns of our security operations. He and his team are working every day to improve Jaxx’s security across all nine platforms we support.
Jaxx uses the 12-word masterseed to empower you with complete control of your wallets. Our work to build a highly secure platform will be ongoing – we will continue to toil daily to ensure Jaxx is both a beautiful & secure interface to your blockchain life.
Security however is not just up to us. You have a role in keeping your coins and tokens secure. Here’s how we recommend you maximize your own crypto-safety:
- Beware. Understand your exposures and behave appropriately to your risk tolerance.
- Update. We will continually work to improve Jaxx. You should always use most up-to-date version.
- Secure your devices. Phones, desktops, browsers: secure the device that you access Jaxx through with passcodes. Remember, if your device has been compromised (such as a malware infection) a malicious user can potentially steal your funds. Use passcodes!
- Hot VS Cold. Understand the difference between hot wallets and cold storage. (We will write to you about this in a future #30DaysOfJaxx post).
- Understand: there is no “absolute” security. Computer software/hardware systems are very complex and new ways of hacking coming out every day. For instance, a new vulnerability was in the news yesterday.
If you’d like to chat with us about security or about Jaxx in general do feel welcome to reach out to us on our general twitter at http://twitter.com/jaxx_io or in our Reddit community http://reddit.com/r/jaxx . For specific support issues find us on http://twitter.com/jaxx_support
Thank you for using Jaxx!
Jaxx is a multi-token blockchain wallet that provides a unified experience across 8 platforms and devices, including Windows, Apple and Linux desktops, Apple and Android mobile devices and tablets, as well as a Google Chrome extension. The Jaxx wallet enables crypto-to-crypto exchange with frictionless in-wallet conversion via Shapeshift. Users are always in control of their keys and Jaxx neither holds nor has access to customer funds. Design and user experience driven, and built with simplicity in mind, Jaxx’s mission is to become the interface to the blockchain world. Jaxx was founded by CEO Anthony Di Iorio and is headquartered in Toronto.